ANDREW BIRD
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot ...
Voir le deal

How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD

+9
tercat
aude
Ethan
gardenia
kim
SNZipperhead
Damfino
herkan
The_Klint
13 participants
AuteurMessage
The_Klint

The_Klint

How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD Empty
MessageSujet: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptySam 27 Aoû 2005 - 14:29

Let us know how you got to know Andrew Bird

-----------------

so i'll start then Razz Razz Razz

My Girlfriend is a Hudge Ani Difranco fan and A-Bird was noticed by Ani so she took him up to perform in a few songs...

so my GF investigated Andrew's albums and shared it with me...

since then she has a grudge Mad on me cos i like more Andrew Bird than Ani Difranco ( Razz ihihih Razz )
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
herkan

herkan

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptySam 27 Aoû 2005 - 17:13

I was offered the latest album by my mumand I liked it... I saw he was going to perform live in Paris and bought tickets... that's when I became fan....
http://www.beadule.com
Damfino

Damfino

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptySam 27 Aoû 2005 - 18:04

About two years ago I was looking for more music that features the violin prominently, and an aquaintance of mine told me about Andrew Bird. It wasn't until 10 months later that I finally bought one of his albums(The Swimming Hour) and I've been a fan ever since.

Dernière édition par le Jeu 8 Sep 2005 - 5:58, édité 1 fois
SNZipperhead

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyVen 2 Sep 2005 - 19:08

The_Klint a écrit:
Let us know how you got to know Andrew Bird
I learned about Andrew through his association with Squirrel Nut Zippers. I picked up Thrill and have been following him on tour in the southeast United States since Oh The Gradeuer.
http://www.assorted-nuts.com
kim

kim

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyDim 4 Sep 2005 - 17:07

waow... how impressive...
so you've known him for a very long time!
I think that seeing him perform is really great and I'd love to see him play live more often. really looking forward to attend the paris gig in October... Smile
http://www.indiepoprock.net
The_Klint

The_Klint

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMar 6 Sep 2005 - 18:21

SNZipperhead a écrit:

I learned about Andrew through his association with Squirrel Nut Zippers. I picked up Thrill and have been following him on tour in the southeast United States since Oh The Gradeuer.

Wouahhhh So you have you met him ??? (lol i'd like that ... and Paul McCartney too OH and Clint Eastwood of course... affraid )
gardenia
Admin
gardenia

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMar 6 Sep 2005 - 22:59

Damfino a écrit:
About two years ago I was looking for more music that features the violina prominently, and an aquaintance of mine told me about Andrew Bird. It wasn't until 10 months later that I finally bought one of his albums(The Swimming Hour) and I've been a fan ever since.

are you a violin player?
Damfino

Damfino

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyJeu 8 Sep 2005 - 6:00

Not really...I've only been playing for a few months, but I've always had a great love for the violin.
Ethan

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMar 4 Oct 2005 - 7:03

I was temping at Rounder Records in Cambridge, MA and someone was playing "Oh The Grandeur". That was about 4 years ago.
aude

MessageSujet: France Inter   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyLun 10 Oct 2005 - 0:45

i heard Mr Bird on France Inter. It was last year around May or June, I think.
Thank you, France Inter.
Was Andrew Bird in Paris last april (30/05)? I had read that somewhere, I think. Or is it that he's coming to Paris (La Cigale) again next year?
At any rate, I guess i'll see some of you at the Theatre Edouard 7 on the 17th.
Can't wait!
herkan

herkan

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyLun 10 Oct 2005 - 20:04

yes he was....

and yes you may certainly see some people from here at Edouard VII... How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD Clin
http://www.beadule.com
tercat

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyJeu 17 Nov 2005 - 19:32

My husband (then my boyfriend) liked the Squirrel Nut Zippers in the late 90s. He got a Bowl of Fire CD, and we listened to it from time to time. Then we got to see Andrew open for the Magnetic Fields in support of Weather Systems, and that converted us into the big fans we are now.
bellsforceles

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMar 2 Jan 2007 - 18:53

Gardenia... are you a violinist?
gardenia
Admin
gardenia

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMer 3 Jan 2007 - 1:02

Yes, I am .
Cian

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMar 20 Mar 2007 - 15:12

I first heard of Andrew when I received my copy of Comes With A Smile in mid-2004 (a now defunct quarterly music magazine that I still miss) which always came with a CD full of unreleased tracks by the artists it interviews.
There was a live version of "Why?" on it that was spellbinding - I haven't looked back since!
smallseg

smallseg

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyMar 20 Mar 2007 - 21:05

I heard him first on the French Radio France Inter like two years ago, and just a few days later wentto some Ani Di Franco gig in brussels with me dad.

On the way I spent the whole journey telling my dad about my week's discovery, Andrew Bird, and told him how I was completely like filled with his magic, violin, wistling, voice, the intensity of the singing blabla....

When we got at the Ancienne Belgique, my Dad and I went to see who was playing before Ani Di Franco, hat a surprise : Andrew Bird was playing juste right there in front of us !!!!

My Dad immediately stopped talking, stood there listenning, and yet loved Andrew's music, his poetry, and later at the bar Andrew came alone, to get some drink like any other guy, just next to my Dad and I.

My Dad turned to him and went, the most enthousiastic I had ever seen him, "Andrew !!!!!!!! That was marvellous, my daughter was just telling me about you in the car on the way, and we didn't even you you be playing tonight, I had never heard you before tonight but that was really really great; I have never heard anything like this before in my entre life... !!!!"

What I saw then I'll always remember : Andrew Bird was standing there, pretty embarrassed, very shy, and seemed surprised to notice how the public could receive his music !

That was some really good good good way to get to know Andrew Bird, I can tell !
Souverian

Souverian

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD EmptyVen 7 Aoû 2009 - 2:23

I'm a relatively new fan. I first discovered him when he was a featured artist on MySpace. I usually don't check out those sorts of things, but Andrew stuck out the me. At first, I didn't really know what to think of him. I'm not the kind of person that likes something new on the first listen. It takes time for me to get to know a piece of music or an artist. At first, I was mostly confused at the fact that he sounded slightly British and yet his page said he was from Chicago lol. But when I heard Fitz, I generally liked the sound, downloaded it, put it on my iPod, and soon it became my favorite thing to play on repeat! From there, I downloaded Tenousness, Effigy, ... until I had the whole album! Eventually I just went out and bought all of his major CDs since the Bowl of Fire. I plan to get all those, too, when I have the funds to do so.

I've also had the opportunity to see him in concert last April, and plan on going to another in October!

It's love, I tell ya!!! tongue
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD   How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD Empty

How did you get to know ANDREW BIRD
Page 1 sur 1