ANDREW BIRD
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pokémon EV06 : où acheter le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Mascarade ...
Voir le deal

Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig

3 participants
AuteurMessage
EternalLull

Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig Empty
MessageSujet: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyVen 28 Aoû 2009 - 11:07

Hope you like this... it's a film I made with Andrew Bird in his dressing room before his Glasgow gig on the current tour. It was a spine-tingling moment when he played Anonanimal. I wanted to share this special moment with everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRm8QbrZNpg
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Stram

Stram

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyVen 28 Aoû 2009 - 22:33

Thank you very much for sharing!

How did you manage to go and see him before a show?
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyVen 28 Aoû 2009 - 22:56

Thanks for your message!

I went to interview Andrew for TV and he agreed to play this song in his dressing room. He was super lovely - and the experience of being there was really spine-tingling.

I have an interview which I'll post soon - it's a walk in the Glasgow Botanic Gardens with Mr Bird!

Have you seen him play on this tour?

I went to see Andrew in Edinburgh solo last week - awesome!
Stram

Stram

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyVen 28 Aoû 2009 - 23:31

Last time I went to see him was last spring in London at the O2, it was something like the 4th time I was seing him, and it was as great as ever! I never had quite the chance to meet him though....

I'm going to see him in Paris in october or november, I have to find a way to go and talk to him ;-) I can't wait!
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptySam 29 Aoû 2009 - 12:58

Hope you get to meet him in Paris - he's a really sweet guy.

I've seen him four times too so far... and every time it's a little bit different 'cos he changes the songs around so much.

I'm going to the London gig in November...

What's your favourite live song? I love him doing 'Why?' and 'Fake Palindromes'...
Stram

Stram

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyLun 31 Aoû 2009 - 10:49

Well, I must admit I've never been able to decide which song is my absolute favourite, plus it changes every time a new album is released.... But, when played live, I can't get enough of 'Nervous Tic Motion...' and, indeed, 'Why?', which is amazing!

There are song I would love to hear him play, old songs he was doing with Bowl of Fire, like 11:11 or Two Way Action, but I guess he doesn't play them anymore.

DO you have any idea how I could see him? Should I ask somewhere for a backstage press pass or something?
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyLun 31 Aoû 2009 - 12:51

That's a tricky one. If you are a journalist or photographer you might be able to get a pass but I know that Andrew is pretty shy so I'm not sure if he does much backstage 'meet and greet' stuff. I know that sometimes he comes up front after a gig to speak to fans in the smaller venues - and he did this in London in November '08 (although I missed it as I had to catch a late train home!). I think he also does some competition 'greets' from time to time.

It's strange but when I was at the London gig in May this year, I was sitting in an Italian restaurant next to the Shepherd's Bush Empire and Andrew walked straight past on his own - and nobody outside the venue even noticed him! Look out for the hat and scarf disguise!

I've also been a fan since Bowl of Fire when I stood next to Andrew by the bar in a tiny venue that a friend was promoting gigs in. I was too shy to speak to Andrew at that time which I really regret now! The only old songs he does from the BoF era seem to be Some of these Days and Eugene... He's also been doing Headsoak quite a bit recently - from the older albums.
Stram

Stram

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyMar 1 Sep 2009 - 17:00

Hey, that so fun, we went to the last two same shows! Are you from London? I just loved the St Gilles's show in november 08. It was amazing, perfect song, mystic ambiance... but I had to catch my ride home too.

I can't believe he passed in front of Shepherd's Bush, I might have seen him and didn't recognize him.... I'm guttered! Lol! Anyhow, I actually saw him once, in Lyon, he was playing with others bands and after his show he came into the public to see the next band play, and he did sign me an autograph.... but the only thing I was able to say to him was 'I love you!' (well, kind of, it was actually more like 'I... great show.... love.... your music... incredible!'.

I'm not really a journalist, though I write for web review sometimes, I might try that. Or photographer, that would be even better, I'll see, thanks for this anyway!
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyLun 14 Sep 2009 - 23:39

Really hope you get to talk to him! He's such a sweetheart...

Give me a shout if you decide to go to London in November and I'll pop over and say hello at the gig!

Smile
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyMer 23 Sep 2009 - 11:56

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7HzLsJZx-A

This is the video of the interview with the lovely Andrew Smile

Hope you enjoy it.
Cian

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyDim 27 Sep 2009 - 23:35

Amazing. Thanks for this. Don't know how I missed it until now

his recent soirée de poche with St. Vincent was great too
http://liveweb.arte.tv/fr/video/Soiree_de_poche___Andrew_Bird_et_St__Vincent/
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Andrew Bird and St Vincent   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig EmptyLun 28 Sep 2009 - 1:34

Thanks for that - and I love the St Vincent/Andrew Bird pocket gig too!

What a wonderful coup!

Smile
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig   Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig Empty

Join Andrew Bird for a Dressing Room Gig
Page 1 sur 1