ANDREW BIRD
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Andrew Bird in London

2 participants
AuteurMessage
EternalLull

Andrew Bird in London Empty
MessageSujet: Andrew Bird in London   Andrew Bird in London EmptySam 14 Nov 2009 - 15:10

Anyone get to the Bird shows in London or Paris? I made it to London Union Chapel - awesome venue and amazing Andrew Smile

Can't believe these are the last tour dates for a very long time Sad

What news from the Paris gig?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Stram

Stram

MessageSujet: Re: Andrew Bird in London   Andrew Bird in London EmptyDim 15 Nov 2009 - 14:26

I went to see him in Paris this time. It was pretty amazing, pretty weird, I can't really say why, maybe because it was indeed thelast show before long! He talked a lot, played a lot of songs only with the guitare, I don't know, it felt like he was a bit here but away at the same time!
He played beautifully though, as usual!
What about London?
EternalLull

MessageSujet: Re: Andrew Bird in London   Andrew Bird in London EmptyDim 15 Nov 2009 - 15:08

Interesting to hear about the Paris show which sounds a lot different from the first night in London where he played mostly the violin and didn't touch the guitar so much!

He'd just got off a long haul flight so was a little tired - and messed up two songs but got away with it by virtue of his very charming manner and jokes! But there were some awesome moments and I'm growing to really love the new song Lusitania as it develops each time I see him play it...

It was very obvious that he'd thrown away the set list early on as he proceeded to play a couple of things that were spur-of-the-moment including Plasticities and a very unusual traditional fiddle song for the encore which even I didn't recognise! The encore in particular was astonishing as the sound in the venue was incredible - I love the Union Chapel!

I'm told that the second night on London was very different and I've played a couple of the videos of that gig from YouTube but they aren't great quality as they were on mobiles. But he played the Kermit the Frog song and quite a lot of different songs than the previous night including Imitosis which he's never played at any of the five gigs I've seen! Plus he did some duos with Jessica Hoop on the second night.

Did you hear about Andrew's new sonic sculpture project? It sounds a bit like the thing David Byrne made in New York... and I'm sure that it'll turn out really great. It seems a shame that Andrew won't be touring for a long time but I sense that he needs a long break to recharge of his batteries or he'll burn himself out. I don't know how he copes with al the constant touring and travel!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Andrew Bird in London   Andrew Bird in London Empty

Andrew Bird in London
Page 1 sur 1